Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I found a lens!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: I found a lens!! Reply with quote

With a lot of photography elements, I found a lens taht was there and I forgot that!! An old jupiter-9 in M42.

I put it there near two years ago, when I bought it and have to did cla. No fungus, no haze, no clean marks. Only a dirty lens.
I will clean it today.

What a surprise. Unexpected event !!

Well I'm very happy. It's a nice lens. I sold one a time ago and I was wrong when I did it. Not again.

Will see the pics taken with th J-9 when cleaned.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
But allow me to ask: how can you forget a Jupiter-9? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right. I never have to forget that lens.

When I bought it, I had another in use. The newer (my actual lens) have to be cleaned and lubricated. And I forgot it. No more words, all bad to me. But I found it !!! That's a second chance to be a good boy !!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

All are smiles to me today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Yes, you're right. I never have to forget that lens.

When I bought it, I had another in use. The newer (my actual lens) have to be cleaned and lubricated. And I forgot it. No more words, all bad to me. But I found it !!! That's a second chance to be a good boy !!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

All are smiles to me today.

Glad you found it. I still do not know how anyone could forget a lens like that....Maybe it is time for a cataloging of all your lens and cameras...I'm sure this will take some time so take a vacation for a couple of weeks to do this...LOL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh BD, only material things. We can forget a lot of them, no problems. We will find them.

I see that some people give a lot of importance to the lenses, and it's OK, of course. I went in this way long time ago. When I tried to be a LEica M collector, I had all the items like a babies. The M cams and lenses in glass boxes with red and black velvet. Laughing Laughing

I was crazy, really. Something stays with me yet. I like mint cams and lenses, etc. But are only things to take photos, no more.

But I never should forget a summilux M 1,4/50 old chrome style . Laughing Laughing

Regards, BD. Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Rino...Now show us this "little" lens and what it can do...please! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Oh BD, only material things. We can forget a lot of them, no problems. We will find them.

I see that some people give a lot of importance to the lenses, and it's OK, of course. I went in this way long time ago. When I tried to be a LEica M collector, I had all the items like a babies. The M cams and lenses in glass boxes with red and black velvet. Laughing Laughing

I was crazy, really. Something stays with me yet. I like mint cams and lenses, etc. But are only things to take photos, no more.

But I never should forget a summilux M 1,4/50 old chrome style . Laughing Laughing

Regards, BD. Rino.

I agree about the physical being unimportant when compared to the spiritual. I get my spiritual fix from my photos and not my lens. They just help me get there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Well said! Reply with quote

Good one, BD!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, that's a sweet 'find' Rino, congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD. Jupiter-9? Not in my interest particulary, but it can be a money for me. It's my interest, yes.

I prefer to have my perregaux again, the j-9 is only a lens. And very yellowish images and very soft F/2. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
ha, that's a sweet 'find' Rino, congrats!

I think that there are another lenses, better than this, specially in the 105 mm focal lenght. Very Happy

Thanks Andreas.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the found lens! I can find most of my lenses, even the J9 that's stayed in its box for most of two years. (My modded Nikkor 85/2 is much friendlier on my Pentax K20D.) My problem isn't finding lenses, but finding places to use them. I live in a very boring pine-forest suburb. I need to move to an interesting city, like San Francisco or Santa Fe or Antigua Guatemala. Or I need to buy a motorhome, build a special cabinet for my 100+ lenses, and take them traveling around North America. When I drive to Central America in a passenger car I can only take a limited subset of 25 or so. The rest are so lonely, the poor things. Will my J9 ever find its way out into the world?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent !!!

A lot of people live or go to beatifull places easily. And others not. And it's a problem to take pics in so-so places.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite lens, which one is your silver or black SLR lens ? Or RF ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My J-9 is a black SRL one in M42 and of the year 1985 (single coated).

Your favorite is the chrome M39 one, isn´t it ? Wink

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
My J-9 is a black SRL one in M42 and of the year 1985 (single coated).

Your favorite is the chrome M39 one, isn´t it ? Wink

Rino.

Yes, Smile RF and right after SLR.