Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anastigmat "PRIMAR" 1:4.5 13.5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Anastigmat "PRIMAR" 1:4.5 13.5cm Reply with quote

Today obtained the lens in the perfect condition. The glass in clean – no scratches, or marks. After cleaning of some inside fog it started to be completely transparent. The shutter also is in the perfect state. Very clean, and the shutter easily fires on all speeds properly.

They didn’t ask for it too much ($24), so I grabber it, however I had not had any idea what the lens is at all. Never meet anything with the name “Primar”. And no production company mention as well.

After hard search throughout of the Internet, surprisingly, I didn’t discover any information concerning the lens either. So, I wonder very much, what it is. And hope that maybe somebody would be able to submit to me the proper information concerning that lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens Vademecum
Balda section has Balda Primar f6.3 105mm for 6x9 camera 1928
Hugo Meyer section mentions Primar focal camera
Zeiss section mentions Bentzin Primar Reflex camera 1932

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Well, but who did make that lenses? And what kind it is? After disassembling I am able to say, that it looks like either “triplet”, or “tessar”. But didn’t discover yet exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...who cares who made it, how does it shoot? I am betting you will be surprised at the quality of the images if you pay attention to shot selection. ie don't shoot with significant backlight. At 4.5,not fast but should be OK in morning or evening sunlight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Well, but who did make that lenses? And what kind it is? After disassembling I am able to say, that it looks like either “triplet”, or “tessar”. But didn’t discover yet exactly.

Balda, Hugo Meyer, or Zeiss... Smile
Quote:
Balda, Dresden, Germany Primarily a camera maker, their lenses had trade names which reflected their own, as in Baldanar, even though these lenses may have been bought in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Eh...who cares who made it.

I really do carry. And not only from the simple curiosity. At least I prefer to know whether it is of the “triplet” type, or the “tessar” one.

I did already try to discover it by the so called “method of reflections”, comparing reflections of the back components from the known “tessar” lens 150/4.0, and that one. And I didn’t see any difference. However, it might be also as well that I simply isn’t so good in that method.

The front lens anyway is the single lens. I know it for certain, because after I disassembled the first component, the front lens – quite surprisingly, dropped down (fortunately upon the soft surface – my slipper). Which is very unusual, because commonly in that kind of lenses the front lens is stamped into the mounting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Balda, Hugo Meyer, or Zeiss...

Or, maybe Rodenstock, or Schneider. And way not?