Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM2-SP to keep or not to keep?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Olympus OM2-SP to keep or not to keep? Reply with quote

Bought this camera for about 100USD. Unfortunately the meter is not metering. It seems like the photo-diode is "stuck" on the same exposure -- LCD data does react on aperture, exposure or iso changes, but does not react on light changes. Shutter sticks open in auto mode. The rest is fine: shutter fires at all speeds (in manual), mirrors are clean. And in general camera is in great condition.
The seller is very kind one and agreed for return and refund, as broken meter was not stated in the ad...
So the question is: do I keep it and attempt a repair, or not?
I certainly can solder a broken wire, but will not be able to fix the CPU board issues.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd send it back. There are plenty of working ones out there.
The metering on this camera is it's main selling point so it would be worth significantly less if it doesn't work. Even if you're were offered a partial refund I think I'd still want to send it back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Olympus OM2-SP to keep or not to keep? Reply with quote

mutabot wrote:
...So the question is: do I keep it and attempt a repair, or not?

Short answer: NO! Smile

(Quit while ahead)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 above.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! It was sent back and successfully refunded...