Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

C/Y Zeiss 50 1.7 Planar - separating 2 front elements..Help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: C/Y Zeiss 50 1.7 Planar - separating 2 front elements..Help! Reply with quote

Hi - I acquired a nice little 1.7 Planar but on careful examination, there's a smear on the rear surface of the front element. I've been able to remove the front 2 group but have no idea as to how to separate the two bits of glass so it can be cleaned. Checking the Zeiss diagram, it would appear that the 2 front elements are not glued together which is at least encouraging.

From the slight marks on internal surfaces, screws etc, I'd say someone has attempted to clean the lens before but didn't check properly before reassembling. Can anyone help? Photos of the offending 2 element assembly are attached.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem too. The front 2 elements is in a housing that seems to be glued together at the edges (2 spots)
I need to clean the surface inside those groups. How can I open it? Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, how nobody know how to separate it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way to do it, but is not simple.
You take sharp blade-knife and you have to deform metal to outer side that holds glass. Do it on beck side later is less visible. You go in circle until you can remove glass.
If you are not careful you can damage lens forever so maybe it is better to give it to some professionals.