Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 180mm F3.5 pre-set lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 180mm F3.5 pre-set lens Reply with quote

Big Dawg sent me this lens (Thanks BD !) & I finally got around to trying it out. Focussing was a bit touchy (as it seems to be with all of these old pre-sets). This lens has aperture ring issues & I'm going to have to find a "parts" lens for the small screws in the front half of the lens barrel that broke off while trying to remove them. The open/close ring just spins & the aperture ring has no detent stops..I did shoot some shots wide open @ 1/250 & they shots needed work in PP. Bokeh is nice (has about 16 iris blades)...Here's one sample of a wind chime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the issues but if you go to Peachtree camera they can fix it up for you. Not a bad photo there.

Got a couple of M/MD T4 lens adapters if you want them...Kinda make up for the lens issues...LOL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a problem Ed....Since I mainly shoot Nikon, i really don't need the M/MD T4 adapters (already have one anyway)...Thanks again for the lens though...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would any lens screws fit? I have a broken Soligor 200 I could harvest screws off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo, but I am going to go to the local Optican (sp?)& see about the screws there..