Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO(?) ZM-5A 500mm f8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: MTO(?) ZM-5A 500mm f8 Reply with quote

Hi

Adapter came and couple of tastes. Nothing to shoot actually, but I'll update.
First feels were actually quite good for a mirror lens. Except the need of light.

Pictures here:
http://zeieizh.kuvat.fi/kuvat/ZM-5A+500mm+f8/

There are full 15mpix picture under the link "näytä alkuperäinen kuva". It's Finnish and means "show original picture".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was testing this also, but weather went overcast and still over 30°C at Helsinki. I can't live here anymore. Laughing

Put I can push this more, when weather cools and is sunny.

This is a funny piece of glass. Easy and sturdy. Images are little off due 1/100sek and hand-held. ISO400, f8, naturally.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ain't bad, if you keep in mind that it is russian, mirror, heavy. Only shoot at sunny weathers, heh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawning seatrout at Vantaariver, in the middle of Helsinki downtown. Water is coloured due agriculture.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These seem to do pretty well for a mirror. What is the going price on these?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, no donuts. Very Happy Just dirt in sensor, dam.

I don't know the price range, maybe little over $100.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good lens in my opinion too, pretty sharp and light weight, very well built , it has a faster brother 500mm f6.3 (lot more big)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And mother, a 1000mm f11(?).