Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My second batch of Helios-40 85mm shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: My second batch of Helios-40 85mm shots Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes you did find the way where this lens is the best , stunning portraits , especially eyes on little kid , amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 2 is awesome-I agree with Attila on the eyes-it really stands out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say that #2 is the best photo I have taken of my youngest child, Im blown away by this lens

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The b/w ones are really stunning.
# is worth a poster print.
Have fun with the lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is fantastic! May I ask if it's straight out of camera or is there any post-process (beside B&W)? And what B&W by the way?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I was shooting in Jpg mode, so it was imported into lightroom 3 then I did some slight adjustment to contrast, but I decided to try something different, I used the preset of:

B+W filter: Yellow filter

My children are so pale however that I had to reduce the brightness and contrast by about 20 % each

I noticed that her eyes lost a bit of her sparkle once converted to B+W so I dropped the Aqua saturation until they *popped* again

and then exported to a new JPG, no sharpening or noise reduction etc.....

took me about 2 minutes to do

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnaks, great shot definitely

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely pic of the little one. Is that the Helios 40 that couldn't get through customs or did you end up buying another one?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love No.2 but there is such a sense of sadness to the image. Its the facial expression Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one that went back we think, but came back! Its well travelled!

Moscow >Canada>Moscow>Canada me!!