Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first mf shots, helios 44m
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: first mf shots, helios 44m Reply with quote

i recieved a helios 44m this week and got to take a couple of shots of my cousins daughter with it today. i bought it primarily to use as a portrait lens and i need to get as much practise at mf as i've been spoilt with af up till now.

a lot of the shots were very soft but i'm expecting that to improve in with use. here's the one i'm most happy with

shot on a sony a390 @f/2.8, 1/25sec, iso800.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Do you have any focusing aid for your camera ? Most softness comes usually from wrong focus or handshaking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful baby!
you have a steady hand for 1/25s, try better with 1/100s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sony bodies come with in body stabilisation so that should help. i think my focusing could have been better and hand movement could have been an issue, i was dodging a 2 year old at the time lol.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
beautiful baby!

i might have been pushing the iso too high to get 1/100s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexie wrote:
poilu wrote:
beautiful baby!

i might have been pushing the iso too high to get 1/100s

That would be help a lot I think another hint shoot in raw and make sharpening on images + noise reduction in ps. Low light photography is hard or very hard not easy to get great success.