Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mushrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Mushrooms Reply with quote

Some mushrooms from the nearby forest. Smile

First two shot with the Vivitar 105/2.5, others with the Planar 50/1.4.

2. I ate these, Armillariella mellea I think, but not sure. My family's been eating them for long since they're quite common around our house.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be wary of eating them but piccies are very very nice - well done

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Toni, the forest there and the forest here are very similar. The mushrooms here are surely the same kinds, but different sub-species. I should post some fungi photos...

Mushroom season bulk buyers set up tables at the local 'town' (only a country store, post office, & gas pump Smile) for local people to bring them edible mushrooms. There are examples on display. Great education in local nature for everybody to see. I can say many people here know which mushrooms are edible even if they do not eat them or know the names.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Planar takes tack-sharp shots!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow!! uh-oh!!!

I love MUSHROOM SHOTS!!! Smile

thank youuuuuu!!

tf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments, trev and visualopsins. I'd very much like to see the pics of mushrooms from up there, vo. Smile

There's really many species of fungi available and one should be careful of which ones to pick. Here, the most popular species are those that belong to the Boletus genus (Boletus edulis and a few more), not sure what's the most widely used English name (penny bun, porcino or cep according to Wikipedia). They're quite easy to recognize so it's low risk for anyone that do not know many species.

@dude163: I agree! Very Happy It's an outstanding lens. I find myself looking at 100% crops of almost every photo taken with it, hehe.
@trifox: Thanks! I hope I'll go again tommorow, will try to find more of them to post here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful..... that last image is amazing I have never seen a mushroom in that shape before.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote