Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LENS CLEANING
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: LENS CLEANING Reply with quote

I just went mad looking through some of my preferate lenses and seeing all the dust particles inside my jewels. Shocked

I'm owning a couple of C/Y Zeiss primes and some Zuikos and I'm wondering if some of you guys know a serviceman, who is willing to clean some of them.

I'm living near Frankfurt/ Germany. Can somebody give me an advice or a suggestion where to go with them? or how to handle this.

what would that cost, is it absolutely necessary todisassemble the whole lens? what about misallignements when putting it back together?

dusty-harry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but personally I'd rather have a few flecks of dust rather than risk someone potentially de-centering the elements etc. That said, I'm a cheapskate anyway lol

Welcome to the forum, hopefully someone will know an expert if you decide to go ahead Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose dust has zero effect on image quality; cleaning the lens can potentially affect its IQ, so I would leave it alone.

A thin film of dust covering the entire element, on the other hand, can reduce contrast, especially when shooting against the sun. Fortunately, this type of dust is mostly present in old zooms (they suck air when extending/contracting).