Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Primotar 180 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Primotar 180 3.5 Reply with quote

People dont talk about this lens much, I dont know why, maybe because it's too long and heavy?
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/sieucachua/DSC00318.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/sieucachua/DSC00336.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one. It was OK, nothing special. Good pictures though. These are the result of good technique.

Biggest problem with the 180 Primotar is that most are in the external Exakta mount, which is hard to adapt.

The reason its big I think is that it was designed to cover 6x6.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Primotar 1:3,5/180mm ... Reply with quote

... have a look into the big marketplace with the "e" ...

I think there are enough to find for M42-screw-mount yet ...

Jörg

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, back to this lens with some more examples. At 3.5 it gives some glowing like trioplan, but not much. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I had one. It was OK, nothing special. Good pictures though. These are the result of good technique.

Biggest problem with the 180 Primotar is that most are in the external Exakta mount, which is hard to adapt.

The reason its big I think is that it was designed to cover 6x6.

+1

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these results, smooth and soft rendering with lower contrast, a very different overall look to modern lenses, but the character of the lens lends itself to artistic expression and painterly rendition which to me is always preferable to technical excellence.

I highly recommend the 3.5/50 Primotar and 4.5/35 Primagon. I also like the 3.5/135 Primotar, it is a bit soft compared to a 3.5/135 Sonnar or the later 2.8/135 Meyer/Pentacon but it has exceptionally nice bokeh and colours, much like this 180 version it has a great character despite lower technical parameters.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ian, i'm planning to get Primagon, but I dont know much about it.