Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OM to EOS and Nikon to EOS adapters ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: OM to EOS and Nikon to EOS adapters ... Reply with quote

Hi all,

Since Zuiko lenses are quite cheap here in France (at least the classic primes 28-50-135), i'm looking for an Olympus OM to EOS adapter. Do you have a reliable source ? I have tried searching through the forum without success (simply, too many pages of results returned ...).

Same question for Nikon to EOS adapters ... Moreover, what is/should be the issue with Nikon adapters ? I have seen unchipped ones ranging from 30$ up to 180$, but i have no idea of the reason of the price gap ...

Last question: i have the feeling that using a single bayonet adapter for all my lenses will not be as easy as with my M42 adapters (both EOS and P/K). Am i wrong ? What's your opinion on the subject ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you couldn't find because no problem with any of them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, this makes me more comfortable ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually register distance difference is key if difference is less than 1mm can be tricky to made , if thicker no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had the 5D, I found using one adapter per lens easier: the adapters are different from the classic Pentax/M42 as you need to remove them from the body before fitting them on the lens, which becomes a bit convoluted when out shooting. And of course, if you go the one adapter/one lens route, you need Canon caps for every lens.

As for the Nikon adapters, I had two: one had problems with pre-AI lenses and I had to file off some of it before being able to mount them. The other one worked fine, it cost maybe 15€, and it's commonly known as the Cinevate adapter. It's like this

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unlock mechanism with the OM bajonet is very easy and simple. Only pressing the 2 buttons at the lens and the adapter is free. There are other brand names where this is much more complicated. So one adapter would be ok here.

I bought mine at www.enjoyyourcamera.com but as always it is not sure that they ship on a longer time always the same type.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludoo, is this the same adapter?

I have a problem with this adapter with the lens not staying still, it shifts slightly up and down.