Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

buying a 135 mm lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: buying a 135 mm lens Reply with quote

Hello to all.

I'm trying to buy a new lens to add to my stuff, very limited.

I like the asahi pentax Super multi coated takumar 135 mm F/2,5.

Pentas gurus of the forum, this is a lens to buy?

As you say here, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens exists in two models. They earlier (43802) isn't very good, but the later is excellent (number 43812). Sharper with smoother bokeh and less axial CA.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Sour grapes! Reply with quote

I have chased this lens on eBay a few times as it is quite rare. It is rather fast but also a little heavier than say the 135 f3.5 lenses.

It is highly regarded as a quality item. Expect to have fun in the auction! Maybe you are sourcing from somewhere else?

Buying a few lenses at this focal length after looking at the remarks on this blog and others might be the way to go? Each lens is different, even within a stated range of lenses and it may have a slightly different look than the usual example of that lens. Quality differs from lens to lens especially after 30 years of possibly moderately heavy use? Would you prefer a 135 f2? How strong are your wrists? Smile

What do you intend to use it for subject wise? What cameras will you attach it to?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No X and Pat.

Thax

1- Look for the number 43812.

2- F/2 is very havy and expensive. J should not pay a lot for a 135 mm lens.

3- To use around short tele.

4- to a 5D.

I should buiy a F/3,5 135, but in some reports I had access to very goods things about te takumar Super Multi Coated 2,5 lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 43812 model (nr can be found on the manual-auto switch). It's a great lens!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango: S-M-C 135/2.5 V2 is very good and significantly sharper than many ~f/2 135mm lenses. But if you decide to buy a f/3.5 lens, I'd prefer Carl Zeiss Jena MC Sonnar 135/3.5 over Asahi S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5.