Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An English country garden with ancient 200mm Nikkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: An English country garden with ancient 200mm Nikkor Reply with quote

Hi all,
did a trip to the UK in May. Went to the Cotswolds on a tour & took this shot on a cloudy day with an old pre AI 200mm f4 Nikkor which I picked up for $50AUS. I shot this wide open & cannot believe the image quality of this lens. It has dust inside, light scratches on front element, no filter & is beaten up yet the contrast & bokeh is wonderful I think.
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: An English country garden with ancient 200mm Nikkor Reply with quote

AussieBob wrote:
Hi all,
..contrast & bokeh is wonderful I think.

Plus very nice color composition,sharpness and tone Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the AI version and it is also a beaut. That is a very fine shot

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those old 200/4 Nikkor bazookas are really great lenses. I'm not surprised a bit by the quality of your photo. Great bokeh, too, btw. Not bad at all for a 200/4 wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: An English country garden with ancient 200mm Nikkor Reply with quote

Kathmandu wrote:
AussieBob wrote:
Hi all,

+1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot taken with my 105mm f2.5 of the same vintage. I bought both these lenses off an old fellow who bought them around 1971 I think. The 105mm is as good if not better than the 200mm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I live near the Cotswolds.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sample.
What version do you have? q? or q.c?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the positve comments

Hi spleenone, it is the Q version

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: An English country garden with ancient 200mm Nikkor Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Kathmandu wrote:
AussieBob wrote:
Hi all,

+1

+2.

Lovely color from an old horse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first one is great... I'm thinking of getting a 200/4... 300/4.5 is getting heavy Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a 300mm 4.5 AIS non ED. Havent given it a good run yet but some sample shots look very positive indeed.