Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentcon six TL??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Pentcon six TL?? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone have any experience with the "Pentacon six TL"?

I know of one that is available (rather a high asking price) but, on searching the net, I seem to get the vibes that -though the lenses age good- the body (especially the gear train) is rather fragile and (loading film) is fussy, and the winder is not robust or dependable.

What do you think? Is it worth taking a risk -or not?
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine serves me well; the problem with the P6 models is that they can get damaged by those who do not know how to use them properly. If it has been cared for and used properly, then they can go the distance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cameras when they work - which they often don't. The wind on mechanism is a bit on the fragile side, and the shutter is prone to develop capping problems. If its price is on the high side, it should work perfectly - there is no shortage of cheap semi-broken P6es...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both for responding.Smile

The problem is (despite the price) I have no real idea of its internal condition and what has been done to it while sitting in the shop.

On balance, as the make has a rather worrisome reputation, I think I'll let it go.

Thanks anyway. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love mine and have had no oroblem at all. they are prone to overlap frame exposures, so i built into the purchase price the cost of a good cla where this issue would be checked out. since then nithing but great quality photos!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are unsure what you buy , perhaps better to buy a Pentax 645 + adapter for P6 lenses as I do.