Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ligth mater & mamiya msx 500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: ligth mater & mamiya msx 500 Reply with quote

I just got hold of this beautiful camera(for me) produced in 1975 and paid € 12 so with 50mm f2 lens. I took it because I use it to take some photos with b / w film and learn to develop them from myself .
The lens is in excellent, a little hard to focus for the rest is like just manufactured!
The camerawas dirty but well-maintained, some signs of a slight neck of a plastic that will repair easily with a drop of glue.
Mechanically, everything seems to work perfectly, I was surprised, however, missing the battery can not test the meter. Rigth batteri is ms76.

I tried with a battery A76 lr44
Features:
Type - Alkaline
11.6 mm Diameter
Thickness 5.4 mm
1.5 Volt

it would take a MS76 cell that I believe is from 0.05V to 1.55volt possible that the meter is not working? I fear it is gone, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver oxide cells do still exist - the 1.35V mercury ones are the only ones that have been abolished. You may have to look around a bit if you use uncommon names like MS76 (these names/numbers are no standard, but brand specific - SR44 is a more common name for the silver oxide version of a LR44), but there are plenty of online stores that carry them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if I put the right battery, the meter would work?
Now with the battery that I tried does not work ...

Last edited by verdurina on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site may help you...it is all about Mamiya cameras.
http://rherron.conforums.com/index.cgi?action=logout

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks MO!
very usefull!