Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Black MX Camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Pentax Black MX Camera Reply with quote

This is one of my recent acquisitions... just a neat camera to hold,big viewfinder...needs some TLC with a better clean and new seals. Very Happy My first Pentax Film camera(taken with the Biotar 2/58 Cool

Last edited by mo on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too pretty.

Smile

As much as I love my zebra SPII I still covet an all black Pentax. I'd like an all black SPII a "King" for my "Queen" someday. Mind you I don't "need" one. I just want one, laugh. I get to sighing a little when I see a black Pentax like this. Why I don't know. It's not like I have a dearth of cool black SLR's. I have my FRI and the Canon AE-1 that barely gets used...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cograts Moira.

Nice cam and after cleaning it will be a real beauty.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I will get it serviced and will be using it soon enough....with all the lenses it came with. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A damn nice little black dress, Mo, and congratulations on the lenses (which ones?) ... first Pentax film camera - LOL you're sure starting at the top!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tamron SP500 mirror,SMC-m 1.4/50, Vivitar series 1 70-210, and the Vivitar 28-85.The mirror lens really has me curious how it performs on a Full frame(?) Slr other than my crop K200D.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very desirable camera indeed.

Its the "pro" body (well, as pro as they got) of the Pentax small frame cameras of the 70's-80's.

Very nice to have these days because they have all-mechanical shutters, no electrics to go wrong. I have a nice working ME Super and an MV, besides a truly pro LX, but I would certainly prefer one of these to any of the ones I've got.

These were not cheap at the time and I think you can get a very decent price today. Particularly for a black one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.....couldn't see any brassing at all. I'd say that the sticker residue will come off with some thinners/kero etc. Actually, what would members use to get rid of stuff like that?...always nice to pick up a few tips!
I've got a nice Black SP11, & I'm pretty proud of it too.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use a bit of acetone or fingernail polish remover with a cotton swab or wadded up paper towel. The black enamel on camera bodies is baked on and is resistant to it.

Man-o-man, Moira, that is one clean MX. Contact eBay seller "interslice" if you need a light seal kit for it. Easy to install.

I have the feeling that your Ricohs are gonna be picking up some dust now that you've gotten a hold of such a nice little camera.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,I used the isopropyl alcohol I bought awhile back.This is a neat camera it still has the plastic protection...sticky tape(not sure if it is sticky) on the bottom.The only worn area is the usual scraping on the Battery compartment cover.Even the leatherette is in good order just faded
Laughing Yes I think my Ricohs will be shelf ornaments...although one has taken a trip to Argentina.I may just keep the KR-5/TLS and sell or pass on the others.
I also got the LX manual with this camera!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

Oooh. So this means that you missed out on an LX? Geez!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
mo wrote:

Oooh. So this means that you missed out on an LX? Geez!

I don't know Michael...I don't know...when I saw that I thought wow the jackpot...but then I saw the M and thought oh well at least it is a Pentax...either way a very good "lot" of camera and lenses.I assume they don't give out the wrong manual with the wrong camera... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
...either way a very good "lot" of camera and lenses.

Heh. Either way, one of the best deals to be discussed here at MF Lenses in quite a while!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, I love that black camera Smile

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magkelly wrote:
That's too pretty.

Smile

As much as I love my zebra SPII I still covet an all black Pentax. I'd like an all black SPII a "King" for my "Queen" someday. Mind you I don't "need" one. I just want one, laugh. I get to sighing a little when I see a black Pentax like this. Why I don't know. It's not like I have a dearth of cool black SLR's. I have my FRI and the Canon AE-1 that barely gets used...

Like you, I love all black Pentax bodies. Here are my two -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost had my paws on a beautiful black SPII a month back. Guy on CL locally wanted my all black AE-1 and one of the 3 cameras he offered me in exchange was a black SPII. We pretty much confirmed the deal and we set up a time to meet but then the very last second he changes his mind and decides he wants this Nikon some guy has and he trades ALL of them for that one freakin camera. I was practically green with disappointment.

Two Pentax cameras I still would not mind owning? A black SPII and a brown K1000 SE. No, I don't "need" either one of them. But every time I see either I still want them like I was King Midas and they were made of gold....