Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FE2 light leak is healed ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: FE2 light leak is healed ... Reply with quote

A bootleg light seal job using a kit meant for an ST605 seems to have done the trick. No leaks on a roll I had developed yesterday. I am thankful ...

This streak was on one more negative on this roll, and on a few of a 36-exp. roll of Ferrania 400. It is not Shutter drag because the shutter is a metal copal with vertical travel.

Light leak? The streak is in the same general area of the affected negatives, which would be on the left while looking at the back of the camera, right?

Last edited by fish4570 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the light seals been replaced ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something with the rear door, or possibly light from the viewfinder - check the mirror foam, there should be foam going from the front towards the rear of the camera on both sides of the mirror box, up top where the mirror goes when you're doing the exposure.

If it's the back - on these vertical shots, which way did you hold the camera? On a horizontal frame, mentally turn it upside down and that's the side it's actually on, the leak.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the film....

If the light leak is also on the perferation then the light got in from the back. Judging by the looks, maybe on the back hinge or locking system.

Thats my best guess.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, streaks go across sprocket holes.
When I shoot verticles, I hold the shutter side down, and press button with my right thumb; streak is on same side with horizontals, running verticly down the edge.
I didn't check the seals; I just loaded it and went to shooting. It is loaded now. I will check seals ASAP. I probably should go ahead and order an Intersplice set ...

I'm gonna go with the locking side ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a light seal replacment with a ST605 kit and some bits left over from the first kit I already used on another ST605. It appears to have gone well. Will know for sure when I get a roll developed ...