Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Lenses - my collection starts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Görlitz Lenses - my collection starts Reply with quote

I want all the zebra lenses, but the 29mm zebra eludes me so far. I have started with a more modern version.

29mm compared to the 50mm

Samples

The 100mm arrived tonight (I paid far too much money Sad ). Compared to the 50mm it is a dwarf!

Samples

29mm and 100mm compared.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice start! My personal favorites are next I suggest to you to hunting down.

Pentacon 135mm f2.8 zebra
Pentacon 100mm f2.8 or Meyer
Pentacon 50mm f1.8 or Meyer
Pentacon 30mm f3.5
Meyer- Primagon 30mm f4.5
All pre-war what you can get it.
Meyer-Helioplan 40mm f4.5
Meyer 200mm f4
Trioplan 100mm f2.8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice start! My personal favorites are next I suggest to you to hunting down.

Pentacon 135mm f2.8 zebra
Pentacon 100mm f2.8 or Meyer
Pentacon 50mm f1.8 or Meyer
Pentacon 30mm f3.5
Meyer- Primagon 30mm f4.5
All pre-war what you can get it.
Meyer-Helioplan 40mm f4.5
Meyer 200mm f4
Trioplan 100mm f2.8

Thank you!, But no, no, no, I mustn't! I must stick to the meyer zebras only! I already have the 135mm f2.8

With the 50mm and 100mm, the 135mm

I have bought and await the arrival of the 200mm also!

BTW, are the heliplan and trioplan all aluminium lenses? I LOVE all aluminium lenses Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it might be a handy reference for collectors to establish a complete list of zebra and alu/chrome finish lenses (one might start with the M42 mount to make it more manageable).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trioplan has two version alu and black finished, they are different lenses. Helioplan is alu.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee, the 200mm arrived today

Here it is with some of its bedfellows...

And look at all those blades! But <SOB> look what has happened to the filter ring in the post Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad

If you can bear it, see HERE for pictures of the damage.

It is absolutely moronic to package a lovely lovely lens like this in a Jiffy bag to send it through our Royal Mail system. I am heart-broken
Sad Sad Sad Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
By the way, it might be a handy reference for collectors to establish a complete list of zebra and alu/chrome finish lenses (one might start with the M42 mount to make it more manageable).

I know there is already a lens database on this site into which can be loaded pictures of the lens. Can tags be added e.g. "ZEBRA"?

There is also a gallery. The gallery is split into four by country of manufacture. Perhaps another set in there?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Arkku wrote:

I know there is already a lens database on this site into which can be loaded pictures of the lens. Can tags be added e.g. "ZEBRA"?

There is also a gallery. The gallery is split into four by country of manufacture. Perhaps another set in there?

On lens database you can put into comment. I not willing to set Zebra gallery.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend one of my favourite lenses, the Lydith, except it hits the 5D's mirror.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I would recommend one of my favourite lenses, the Lydith, except it hits the 5D's mirror.

Now I know why you got rid of the 5D Smile

Seriously tho, I need to take the Meyer 29mm out and see what it can do. I'm hoping for some sunshine tomorrow. I have heard the Lydith is good and I am hoping for similar performance from my Meyer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be surprised how easily those filter-ring dents can be knocked out...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:
You may be surprised how easily those filter-ring dents can be knocked out...

I am hoping so, but it's so annoying that they happened in the first place Sad

I have seen instructions for knocking them out with a wooden dowel and a semicircular wooden dolly. I will try this is I can't get a refund. I want the lens, but in this state? No.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Yes, give the Lydith some fresh air... Reply with quote

Such a nice lens, especially for landscapes, but also very surprising in other ways...happy hunting...!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:

I am hoping so, but it's so annoying that they happened in the first place Sad

I have seen instructions for knocking them out with a wooden dowel and a semicircular wooden dolly. I will try this is I can't get a refund. I want the lens, but in this state? No.

I agree - I had a Chinon 135mm sent in a jiffy bag recently...thankfully no damage done.

I have used this method with decent results. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with jiffy bag, but I can imagine. I'm sure the seller will blame it on the post, but that responsibility needs to go with him. Dumb.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I'm not familiar with jiffy bag, but I can imagine. I'm sure the seller will blame it on the post, but that responsibility needs to go with him. Dumb.

Jiffy bag is a generic term for one of these types of packaging:

http://www.smartpackagingstore.co.uk/acatalog/Jiffy_Bags.html

Great for a CD or DVD, useless for a camera lens IMO.

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OM wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Jiffy bag is a generic term for one of these types of packaging:

http://www.smartpackagingstore.co.uk/acatalog/Jiffy_Bags.html

Great for a CD or DVD, useless for a camera lens IMO.

Smile

+1`

And ironic that, in your link, they show one used to post a precision gear! Imagine what the edges of the teeth would look like after 48 hrs in the hands of the mail system Smile