Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44 58mm f2 MC review request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Helios 44 58mm f2 MC review request Reply with quote

I would like to ask you for help. I wish to publish review from many lenses, but write always almost same with bad English not so much fun for English speaker readers. Time to time I will start a review request and please tell me here what you think about this lens. It would be nice also if you link here your blog, gallery etc external resource what is linked to current review.

http://www.mflenses.com/helios-44-58mm-f2-lens-review.html

It would be also nice if some of you who is speak better than me, fix language mistakes.

Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you one thing though - your English is better than my Hungarian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing This is nice , I'd like to know your opinion about Helios-44 Wink thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44 58mm f2 MC review request Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I would like to ask you for help. I wish to publish review from many lenses, but write always almost same with bad English not so much fun for English speaker readers. Time to time I will start a review request and please tell me here what you think about this lens. It would be nice also if you link here your blog, gallery etc external resource what is linked to current review.

http://www.mflenses.com/helios-44-58mm-f2-lens-review.html

It would be also nice if some of you who is speak better than me, fix language mistakes.

Many thanks in advance!

Well known M42 mount lens from Soviet Union performs optically very well. It has excellent built quality available in many variants. A/M switch makes it easier to use on any camera. Most people start to use Manual Focus lense again , because they are found a cheap Helios in local shops or on Internet and it's quality amazed them.

erm I can only spot two mistakes "built" should be "build" and "they are" should be "they have".
At the end you say "it's quality amazed them"....is this the build quality or the quality from results.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing This is nice , I'd like to know your opinion about Helios-44 Wink thanks!

Well no complaints about the sharpness of the 44m 8 blade, but mine is odd in that it screws onto a MTL3 but wont screw onto a M42 adapter or Pentax camera body.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for both ! Opinion and correction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I steel look forward for more opinions , there is plenty of place to fill with your experience , either in main text and on user comments tab.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have four of these lenses so I will be interested to read the replies to this topic.

I have two 44m-4 and two 44m lenses. What are the differences?

On first test I found it was quite sharp between f5.6 and f11, though I am only beginning to use DSLRs and now manual lenses so I am no expert Laughing

I'll take some test shots over the next week and will report back with my findings.

I've tried to post a picture of the lenses in this message but it won't show Sad Shows in the preview but not when posted.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Helios 44 M, so I've added to your words of wisdom.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-halli- wrote:
I have four of these lenses so I will be interested to read the replies to this topic.

I have two 44m-4 and two 44m lenses. What are the differences?

On first test I found it was quite sharp between f5.6 and f11, though I am only beginning to use DSLRs and now manual lenses so I am no expert Laughing

I'll take some test shots over the next week and will report back with my findings.

I've tried to post a picture of the lenses in this message but it won't show Sad Shows in the preview but not when posted.

Welcome in our community and thank you for your opinion! I look forward your experience with them.

In your next post will be shown from now allowed to post (spam prevention)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

In your next post will be shown from now allowed to post (spam prevention)

Ah, thank you for explaining.

Other than the number of blades, are there any major differences between the 44m and the 44m-4?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember as well No-X (Jiri) made a post about them , he did collect all variants.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If I remember as well No-X (Jiri) made a post about them , he did collect all variants.

Great, I'll do a search for it

Found it, cheers.

Wow! Impressive thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/complete-list-of-helios-lenses-getting-closer-t26100,highlight,helios.html

Last edited by -halli- on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have done two different versions, the first didn't show up so I did another. That hasn't shown up either.
If I've done something wrong ( probable Rolling Eyes ) then I'll try again later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila: these models are (or can be) multi-coated:

Helios 44-3 (always multi-coated, pre-set, 8 blades)
Helios 44M (both MC and single coated version exist, MCed is rare, A/M switch, 8 blades)
Helios 44M-4 (both MC and single coated version exists, auto, 6 blades)
Helios 44K-4 (K-mount, i believe this model is always MCed, auto, 6 blades)
Helios 44M-5 (both MC and single coated version exists, single-coated is rare, auto, 6 blades)
Helios 44M-6 (always MC, auto, 6 blades)
Helios 44M-7 (always MC, auto, 6 blades)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jiri!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44 58mm f2 MC review request Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Well known M42 mount lens from Soviet Union performs optically very well. It has excellent built quality available in many variants. A/M switch makes it easier to use on any camera. Most people start to use Manual Focus lense again , because they are found a cheap Helios in local shops or on Internet and it's quality amazed them.

erm I can only spot two mistakes "built" should be "build" and "they are" should be "they have".
At the end you say "it's quality amazed them"....is this the build quality or the quality from results.

Attila: At the end, it should be "its", not "it's". Also, I have two Helios 44 lenses arriving today which I hope to play with over the weekend. I'll be comparing 44-2, 44-3, and 44M-7. If I discover anything meaningful, I'll report out.