Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone ever used FUJI Instant film (4x5")?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever used FUJI Instant film (4x5")? Reply with quote

Would be interested to hear about experieces using that Polaroid compatible film.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've shot a few photos with the Fuji 9×12 cm instant film (with a large format camera & Polaroid back). As an instant film it works nicely, dynamic range is perhaps not very good and it seems prone to a magenta cast (haven't experimented enough to know what causes it, but it's not always there… maybe inaccuracy with developing time).

One notable difference to Polaroid is that the image can't really be transferred, i.e. pressed onto a sheet of watercolor paper for artistic effect or such. (Technically it can be transferred if done in darkness, but even that solution seems to lead to poor quality.)

Last edited by Arkku on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never shot 4x5, but I routinely use FP-100C (9x12) and I absolutely love it: wonderful colours and great contrast, with a slightly blue cast which only adds to the image. Of course, much depends on the cmera and lens you use: with my Polaroid 600se and its Mamiya 127mm it really shines.