Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Travelling with a Lubitel 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Travelling with a Lubitel 2 Reply with quote

After Laurence's photograph these are modest efforts indeed. I shot a couple of rolls of Velvia 50 through my Lubitel 2. I think the shutter must have problems as they all came back about 1 stop dark. These shots are all from one roll, and yes they do go from the USA to the UK to Romania! I was very disappointed in the commercial scans of these images and will have to have a go myself when I can get to the medium format scanner at work.

Sitting in the Park (Central Park, NYC)

Lone Flower (Welwyn, Hertfordshire, UK)

No parking! (Bucharest, Romania)

School bench (Isaccea, Romania)

Sunset after the rain (Isaccea, Romania)

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sunset after the rain is a dream !!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the composition on "no parking" and the way it draws your eye through two doorways to the subject (though it's a pity that subject isn't very appealing). Very well done indeed in my opinion, with excellent use of depth of field. .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are great!. My fav, the sunset one. Perfect color and light.
Congrats!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
...though it's a pity that subject isn't very appealing...

I'm afraid I have developed a penchant for photographing collapsing scruffy abandoned things, I got rather bored of pretty flowers and sunsets of which my portfolio abounds. Normally the Lubitel is loaded with BW film which suits that sort of subject but on this occasion I had Velvia loaded having been shooting pictures of my wife on our wedding day earlier in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jes. The original slides are better Wink K.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

womble wrote:
Thank you Jes. The original slides are better Wink K.

yes I'm sure, as they would reveal details in the shade and the sunlight part would look totally real as the slides are lightened from behind instead of from the front as it's the case with prints (or from nowhere as in the case of digital).
Slides are the medium which loses more in the translation to digital, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the reason why I like so much this forum, I see here so much great pictures made with some Film camera/lens from an "other world" (at least on my eyes).....and sometimes, especially when I see pictures like yours, I wish to have better knowledge with film camera and I ask myself why spend so much money in lenses when you can get same result (if not better) with "cheap" old cam Embarassed ....
Anyway, congrats with this serie and my fav is also "sunset after the rain"......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like field with flower. Brave central compo and that bokeh is captivating. Also that sunset is nice, indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is great. I love this series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me too. It's lovely! Smile
A very good series in general, but the #2 stands out, in my opinion Very Happy