Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A quick comparison Tak 100mm F4 vs Tak 105mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: A quick comparison Tak 100mm F4 vs Tak 105mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Had a few minutes today, and decided to do a very quick test. Took both of these lenses and shots them both at f5.6, just to see if there is much difference. I've only had the 105 on my camera once or twice, because I love my 100mm. Here are the results. These were just JPG's straight out of the camera. I didn't have time to do anything fancy. First will be the 100mm, then the 105mm, then the respective crops.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh would have been better if it was the bellows, but the 100/4 remains the best for me Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Bokeh would have been better if it was the bellows, but the 100/4 remains the best for me Smile

I would have to agree. The black is closer to actual, and the 100 is a little sharper as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100/4 appears to be quite a bit better here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, 4/100 gives far and way a much better image here, at this distance. I wonder also if the 2.8/105 is a Super-Takumar, not S-M-C, as contrast looks less to me. To be fair, the subject test distance should be increased, by at least 4x, to minimize field curvature differences; the 4/100 is very well corrected to provide a flat field, while the 2.8/105 is not.

@CarbonR I don't understand how S-M-C Bellows-Takumuar can give better bokeh than 4/100 as afaik they have identical lens formulae; are the diaphragms different? (I will have to check mine later! Smile)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the bellows has the same star-shaped 8 blades aperture, whereas the Macro has this awful hexagonal aperture. I compared them here :
http://kajiwara.weebly.com/bellows-vs-s-m-c-macro-1004.html
Note my bellows has fungus on the front lens, the main goal in this test was to determine how these fungus affect the optical quality Wink