Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few shots taken with Mamiya 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: A few shots taken with Mamiya 7 Reply with quote

I recently took a trip to the east coast of the US.
The set up is Mamiya 7 + 65/4, Fujifilm RVP100, epson V700 scanner

Any comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just decided to quit photography. These are each excellent, clear, pure, naturally detailed, well composed, and make me feel like the total hack I am Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent ones! I especially like first one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, but do you think there's anything wrong with the the first picture? My friend said it maybe too heavy on the left side......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another forum member Im going to rob.
Twisted Evil

Superb !

flyingpalm wrote:
Thanks Attila, but do you think there's anything wrong with the the first picture? My friend said it maybe too heavy on the left side......

The first is fine ! Maybe just the horizon could be straighter and the museum picture a little to the left. But thats really picking on stupid details. All of them are really nice, oddly I even like the lasts one little overexposure.

Last edited by Joosep on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too love the first one and the interesting perspective you chose--just lovely. i have been thinking about a mamiya 7 or a fuji gw680 and maybe you just made up my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb shot, all! I can see what your friend means, maybe swinging abit
to the left where the one bridge support would be more centered in the
picture to balance the comp, but still like it the way it is.

Excellent work! Cool

(Mamiya 7 is an RF so moved it to this forum.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The statue of the lady...wow captures the pose.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the Brooklyn Bridge - I happen to own it - I'll trade it for your mamiya 7...

Of the many compositions possible with the Brooklyn Bridge - and not only do I own it, I've lived next to it and walked across it to work daily - I think this one's a good selection. Yes, the frame isn't balanced, but OTH this is a suspension bridge and one gets the sensation of the span being flung out from this massive buttress, true suspension and dynamism.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much like the first museum photo; my eye was drawn first to the painting in the background and THEN to the sculpture ...