Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta RTL 1000 anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Exakta RTL 1000 anyone? Reply with quote

Hi, I saw THIS on ebay. I thought it overpriced. The guy lives very close to me and I was wondering if it might be worth making an offer on? Anyone here into Exakta film cameras like to comment on its usefulness??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a touch overpriced I reckon. The RTL has been seen as a bit of a wild child in the Exakta family, as it is actually a Praktica: VLC-compatible viewfinders, front-mounted shutter release with compatibility to use classic Exakta lenses with outriggers (if you have the accessory extension piece), no metering in the camera body, and a modified Exakta bayonet with new stop-down actuation mechanism.

If the additional lenses were matching ones, made for the RTL with the correct iris coupling then it would be worth it, but as it is now, I do not feel it is something that would appeal to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exakta is Exakta Varex Smile look for that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
It is a touch overpriced I reckon. The RTL has been seen as a bit of a wild child in the Exakta family, as it is actually a Praktica: VLC-compatible viewfinders, front-mounted shutter release with compatibility to use classic Exakta lenses with outriggers (if you have the accessory extension piece), no metering in the camera body, and a modified Exakta bayonet with new stop-down actuation mechanism.

If the additional lenses were matching ones, made for the RTL with the correct iris coupling then it would be worth it, but as it is now, I do not feel it is something that would appeal to me.

Seller insists he won't go below £60, so unless someone wants me to buy it for them, I'll pass on it.