Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-24m Thank you forum members
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Mir-24m Thank you forum members Reply with quote

I recently bought this lens from Thailand for $55.00 US. I got it on a second chance offer from Ebay
after someone outbid me by a dollar and then didn't pay. I would never have known about this lens
if it hadn't been for this forum. I especially want to thank Orio.

Mir24-m 35mm f2, 1985 export model KMZ

As a rule I gave up doing lens posts because it only seems to inflate prices for others,
but my current enthusiasm for this lens has overtaken my common sense. Please forgive me...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice one, huh? I love colors & bokeh with mine *way* better than I do with a Nikkor 35/2. So much so that I'm actually selling the Nikkor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree aoleg, and with your truly impressive lens collection you should know.

The Mir-24m is no Pentax 31mm f1.8, but it comes close enough to satisfy me. And at a deep discount!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other bidder would be me I guess Smile The lens is not minty, is it? I mean the glass has some scratches or marks.
Seller was very greedy and unhappy with the low auction cost and wanted 50$ for shipping. I said there's no way it's that expensive. He tried to blackmail me btw, saying that he is going to complain to ebay and such. Had to say that blackmailing aint nice and I can also make him "famous" seller, who is a greedy blackmailer. After that he canceled transaction immedeatly Smile

But I'm happy it worked out well for you Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, beautiful rendering, I like a lot the painting of #3 with leaves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same one. Its the most contrasty mflens I own. Its macro capabilities are wonderful, the bokeh on close focus is soooooo smooth.

But... Bought mine from a russian for aprox 20 bucks. He commented on the lens: "nie roba nie mjasa" aka "not fish, not meat" aka "not normal not very wide". But still great performer from wide open.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joosep wrote:
Got the same one. Its the most contrasty mflens I own. Its macro capabilities are wonderful, the bokeh on close focus is soooooo smooth.

But... Bought mine from a russian for aprox 20 bucks. He commented on the lens: "nie roba nie mjasa" aka "not fish, not meat" aka "not normal not very wide". But still great performer from wide open.

Thats a bargain. It's going for approx 100$ here in Russia, not in mint condition. Glass would be scratchless, but with dust inside and barrel can look not so good. You can get it for even 70$, but the only reason, that this is not a nice lens here somehow. Russian ppl don't like old soviet lenses, but Helios 40. I've seen compartion of 35/2.4 flek to mir 35/2, and mir looks nicer to me in term of bokeh and color rendition. Also it has more sharpness in the middle, less in the corners compare to flek. But still ppl say that mir is crap and they'd better get zeiss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me one of best ever quality/speed/price ratio.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
The other bidder would be me I guess Smile The lens is not minty, is it? I mean the glass has some scratches or marks.
Seller was very greedy and unhappy with the low auction cost and wanted 50$ for shipping. I said there's no way it's that expensive. He tried to blackmail me btw, saying that he is going to complain to ebay and such. Had to say that blackmailing aint nice and I can also make him "famous" seller, who is a greedy blackmailer. After that he canceled transaction immedeatly Smile

But I'm happy it worked out well for you Wink

I thank you vulko. Postage was $27.50 US, but I routinely pay $20 or more from Ukranian and Russian sellers.
Lens arrived in 8 days well packed, from Thailand to Louisiana.

Seller mentioned cleaning marks, but glass is clean. I only see about .5mm wear in coating at the very outer
circle of the front glass. I had no bad communication with seller, but I was probably just lucky.

Lens body is not minty. Quite a few nicks and scratches, but I figure a well used lens might be well used because it's damn good!
I've bought perfect lenses that were inferior before, and thought to myself, no wonder this thing is shiny clean.

It is a pleasure to meet my bidding competitor! Sorry you had such a bad experience.
We all gamble sometimes with these things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats, beautiful rendering, I like a lot the painting of #3 with leaves

Thank you.

Joosep wrote:

Joosep, you got an amazing deal. I love hearing your fish/meat quote. Very cool. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine lens, isn't it?
Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly nice pictures! Congratz!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
Thats a bargain. It's going for approx 100$ here in Russia, not in mint condition. Glass would be scratchless, but with dust inside and barrel can look not so good. You can get it for even 70$, but the only reason, that this is not a nice lens here somehow.

I've got mine from Molotok.ru for $60 (plus shipping, which was around $20). Mint condition, in original case. However, I had to wait a few months for this deal to show up Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your Nikkor old mount, or Ai/Ai-S?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:

Mine is M42. I shoot Pentax.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice piece of glass! I have got Mir-24N (Export model with Nikon and M42 tails) with filters for 60$ near mint and a like it soo much!! It looks like your shots has some post production but not too much. And yes this lens is really nice even at f/2.0.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
vulko wrote:
Thats a bargain. It's going for approx 100$ here in Russia, not in mint condition. Glass would be scratchless, but with dust inside and barrel can look not so good. You can get it for even 70$, but the only reason, that this is not a nice lens here somehow.

I've got mine from Molotok.ru for $60 (plus shipping, which was around $20). Mint condition, in original case. However, I had to wait a few months for this deal to show up Smile

Dont forget, the one's selled nowadays in Russia where made for soviet market. Export versions were always way better, no matter what that was, lens, cars or something else.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:

I'm selling my AIS Nikkor 35/2 in favor of the Mir (my copy of Mir-24 is M42, so MC Mir-24M is the full name).