Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone got Sigma sd10?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Anyone got Sigma sd10? Reply with quote

Is there a focus confirm light (the green one on the bottom of finder) that works with manual focus lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yup, it works along with focus confirm beep.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to ask how the metering works with MF-lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I forgot to ask how the metering works with MF-lenses?

You set "A-Mode" and the f dial at 5.6 at the camera, and that's all!.
Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shoot 99% M, the metering is pretty good with my SD14's. With my SD10, i tended to always overexpose by +0.3 on the meter.

My Aperture is set to 1.1 on my SD14's.... I haven't used the SD10 for a while, so i can't remember Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again.

There is a SD10 here for 80 € with some electrical fault. Don't know if wife lets me put so much money on a risky investment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all SD10's have electrical faults.... Batteries.

I had nothing but troubles until i bought rechargeable CRV3's Now the camera behaves beautifully.

Mine sometimes still needs the battery tray to be removed and reseated, so if it is only a power up issue, maybe it is just the batteries...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey K, just want you to know that, in my experience with sd14, while it did have focus confirm, it was almost always off just a little, but enough to not be able to trust it.

ultimately, i sold it even though i loved the image reproduction because of focus issues: not only could not confirm light be trusted, but vf was tunnel like as well. oh yes, and horrible in low light/high iso.

while imho foveon is capable of producing images superior to my canon 5d, the focusing and low light issues made achieving the camera's potential exceedingly difficult for me, and thus shooting with it became a chore and not at all fun.

just my experieince...