Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon WP-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Canon WP-1 Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I finally found a waterproof camera. I believe it's rated down to 18' which is fine by me.
I really didn't want to pay shipping on one,so it's taken a couple months to find.
Works perfectly, near mint condition, but I haven't done an under water
test yet.It even has the case and strap.

I paid my normal camera price. Actually a little high for me. $5 USD Smile

Anyone have one. Man, I wish I would of found this at the begining of Summer. But I'll be ready for next Summer. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.Anyone have any of the waterproof cameras on this forum?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Funny looking one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great a Canon with a red ring Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! theres' a couple of Minolta Weathermatics here.

Of course a waterproof camera comes in handy in the fall and winter as well: out in the rain, out in the snow, out in the sleet, and in the bathtub too! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, although in my part of the world it is known as a Canon Sure Shot A1. It's a great P&S for using not only underwater but at the beach as well where I wouldn't take my other cameras to. The viewfinder is excellent too especially if you wear glasses as you can see the whole viewfinder without having to move your head up and down and side to side to see it all. One word of warning though, make sure the seals are clean and free of any debris i.e. grains of sand before taking underwater or there is a risk of leakage. Other than that, a fun camera with a sharp contrasty lens. Mine cost me a bit more than $5 though! Enjoy. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a couple of Minolta Weathermatics:

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edgar, I will be real careful with the seals. Thanks. i'm looking foward to testing it.Glad to see someone else on the forum has one. Smile

Jes., The same day I bought the WP-1, I also found a Weathermatic for $5. Sadly someone had broken the outside waterseal glass, so I didn't buy it.

Kinda sad because otherwise it was in really good condition, and had the
Minolta carry bag and the waterproof film holders.
I came real close to buying it, just didn't know if it could be fixed. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, those waterproof cameras look… uhm… funny Very Happy and look! The Canon has a L-series lens! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iM42 wrote:
Man, those waterproof cameras look… uhm… funny Very Happy and look! The Canon has a L-series lens! Very Happy

Yes Smile Welcome!