Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiron 28 f/2 contax mount and Canon 5d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Kiron 28 f/2 contax mount and Canon 5d Reply with quote

Hi, I'm very interested in Kiron 28 f/2. I've found it in c/y mount (and also in Pentax k mount). Is there anyone who mount it on Canon 5d with adapter? There could be problem of hitting the mirror? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same, but I use a Kiron 28/2 in Olympus mount on a 5d2. No problems there. Not sure if that will help you though.

JJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjphoto wrote:
Not the same, but I use a Kiron 28/2 in Olympus mount on a 5d2. No problems there. Not sure if that will help you though.

JJ

Thank you. I think that, if there is not a mirror hit due to the bayonet, surely there is not a mirror hit due to the back lens.
What do you think of the lens? Is it good wide open?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the Kiron 2/28 on the 5D with no problem, but the version I had was modified for use on Canon DSLRs. In other words, the aperture selection lever had been cut down so as not to hit the mirror.

My copy was a PK mount, not sure about the C/Y version, but there's most likely somebody here who can help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grunter wrote:
jjphoto wrote:

JJ

Thank you. I think that, if there is not a mirror hit due to the bayonet, surely there is not a mirror hit due to the back lens.
What do you think of the lens? Is it good wide open?

I think it's very good wide open in the central part of the image if it is accurately focused.