Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Admiral MC ( Tomioka ) 1:3.5 / 35-105mm MACRO M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Admiral MC ( Tomioka ) 1:3.5 / 35-105mm MACRO M42 Reply with quote

Got this lens on eBay. Not deliever yet, and due to lack information on the net I wonder if it's any good?
The price was 70euros, I guess a bit 2 much for a 3rd party zoom, but M42, f3.5 and the zoom range made me try it out.

Looks like this:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..hope you will have fun with it and to see pictures, i was bidding on it, but much lower value - got a soligor with some coating color spots on the front lens, looking very similiar for € 11.-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think this was Tomioka made? I didn't know they made zooms...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rly dont know the manufacturer. The was quite few information on this item.

I got it gor 70 euros... crazy price I know... I hope its macro, not close focus, and sharp enough. Got it for shooting still stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy price? Not necessarily.
If you like it, it was worth it and the parameters like f/3.5 and 35-105 sound really good.
We should always try to trust our own opinion. Why be angry about €70,- for a zoom lens just because there is almost no information about it on the net. If you get and you like it, you have a very versatile lens that will serve you well. That's pretty good for €70,-, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i remember, this lens is exactly same lens as the JC Penny 35-105mm f3.5 m42 and may be the same lens you can find in the Hoya, Makinon and Vivitar brand.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Crazy price? Not necessarily.
If you like it, it was worth it and the parameters like f/3.5 and 35-105 sound really good.
We should always try to trust our own opinion. Why be angry about €70,- for a zoom lens just because there is almost no information about it on the net. If you get and you like it, you have a very versatile lens that will serve you well. That's pretty good for €70,-, isn't it?

I hope so... in 2 weeks it will be clear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it looks similar to the Sun macro zooms from the late 70"s early 80's..
I'd like to see a picture of the front of the lens after you get it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the lens today.

Well there's 1:5 1:7 1:10 macro... Never used it before, but it looks like close focus is better Smile

After some testing I've figured out that zoom lens is not for me, prefer using fixed ones. So this lens would probably go to the marketplace section next week with the 50 euros price.

Anyways, here's some test pictures:

Macro

Shot at 35mm F4

Shot at 105mm F3.5

Shot at 105mm F4

Bokeh at 105mm non macro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It delivers very nice images to be sure. I'm not generally a zoom fan either. I've never had one that lacked adequate sharpness, they were just never particularly characteristic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
It delivers very nice images to be sure. I'm not generally a zoom fan either. I've never had one that lacked adequate sharpness, they were just never particularly characteristic.

Well it's not always about the sharpness. Got here a AF Sigma IF DL 28-105, almost the same level of sharpness wide open, but its 3.8-5.6 Smile So quite nice for a constant f3.5, and the soft focus option available with the fastest apperture Smile
Bokeh is also very nice and smooth, especially for a cheap zoom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
I rly dont know the manufacturer. The was quite few information on this item.

Definitely MAKINON (makina optical) made

You mainly find it under makinon and hanimex tm