Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 350/5.6 test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 350/5.6 test shots Reply with quote

Took my Tamron SP 350mm mirror lens out with me yesterday, in the hope of giving it a quick test. It's a useful lens for candid shots, and I was lucky enough to be sat around Salisbury cathedral whilst a wedding was taking place.

The lens resolves a decent amount of detail for a mirror, but is quite hard to nail the focus. Depth of field is really small.

I noticed this chap was using a very interesting EF mount camera alongside his 5D MK II...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifully captured.So natural.... all the people in all your images.By the way what is in the 2nd photo that the girl is holding?
My favorite is the discussion going on in the 1st one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful compos MFG - and what incredible contrast and detail you've captured. The subjects really pop nicely.

The only down for me are the typical weird mirror bokeh. But i would fix that in CS4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a very pleasant time. The bokeh's not my cup of tea though in these sort of shots.

That camera with the EF lens is interesting. It looks like a sigma SD10?
EF mount though... how much effort was that! I have an SD14 with OM mount which was an easy conversion. I didn't know ef was possible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! The Kodak is the EF mount DCS Pro based on a Sigma body:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakslrc/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xpres wrote:
EF mount though... how much effort was that! I have an SD14 with OM mount which was an easy conversion. I didn't know ef was possible.

SD14 EF mount conversion is possible with aperture control and AF of lenses.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/675852