Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon A1 focusing screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Canon A1 focusing screen Reply with quote

One of my A1's has markes on its focusing screen and I am aware that although spare screens were (and still are) available, canon stated that they were dealer replaceable and not "user friendly".
How do I remove the screen in order to clean/change it???
Confused

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Trev. Remove the lens. Look below the red dot under the Canon logo on the prism. Inside the mount hole, just inside the bayonet, there's a screw you need to remove. The mirror holder, a small piece with a semicircle at the top, will come off and the screen (which is hinged at the back) will drop down. Now it's ready for removal. I advice not touching it with bare hands.
Also make sure the screwdriver fits perfectly, so small screws are easy to strip. Having said that applying the usual care everything should go fine.
(The instructions are excerpted from the Canon service manual, in case you wonder). Good luck.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for that -- nevery thought it would be that easy(?)

Will have a go soon

Once again --- thanks.

Very Happy