Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 adapter (chip) for EOS from phototools24
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: M42 adapter (chip) for EOS from phototools24 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Canon EOS 350D, and tried the chipped M42 to EOS adapter from phototools24 on ebay to use a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/3.5 on it. It seems that it lacks infinity focus quite a bit when wide open, but also at smaller apertures it's not really sharp. Shorter distances seem to work fine.

Does anyone have experience with this combination? Or with this adapter in general? I couldn't try it with another lens yet (traveling, only have this one with me, and the lens is new), so can't rule that it might be the lens - although it seems to be in near-mint condition.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, many sellers seem to sell the same adapters, and these adapters seem to be made in batches by different sellers. Occasionally a bad batch comes out with poor tollerances and they are too thick (in your case) or thin.

I'd buy another one from someone else, but buy one that looks different Smile

Obviously try another lens first though!