Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun Telephoto 135mm f3.8 in Exakta Mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Sun Telephoto 135mm f3.8 in Exakta Mount. Reply with quote

I was very happy to receive this in the mail today-it looks dirty the aperture is stuck and the focus ring is frozen. I will post some images when I'm done cleaning and lubing.Images complements of the Helios -44-2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the lens in my shopping list. I heard that it has a special bokeh when stopped down the lens with near objects.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
This is one of the lens in my shopping list. I heard that it has a special bokeh when stopped down the lens with near objects.

That's great to know - And I wish you luck in finding one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it! I'm a bit of a fan of sun lenses, the newer ones are a mixed bag optically but these older ones tend to always be good.

I'm always looking out for one of these.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Looks are great for collection. I hope it will be a nice user too when you have repaired the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
I love it! I'm a bit of a fan of sun lenses, the newer ones are a mixed bag optically but these older ones tend to always be good.

I'm always looking out for one of these.

Thanks, and I hope you find a copy -its pretty darn good.

Minolfan wrote:
Congratulations! Looks are great for collection. I hope it will be a nice user too when you have repaired the lens.

Thank you-Right now its great for use mounted on bellows (just the front end , where all the elements are), without modifying anything on it. Fixing the focusing is proving to be a challenge-I hope I can overcome that soon. I have also made a post in the repair section~hoping some one will be able to clue me in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very pretty one. Nice shape and contrast between the aluminum and the black.