Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Velvia 100, Sonnar and ME Super
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Velvia 100, Sonnar and ME Super Reply with quote

This seems to be an excellent combination. I got an M42 adapter for the ME Super (thus moving its mount back to the previous generation of Pentaxes) and used it in India.

After scanning there was some chromatic noise in the shadows which turned out to be green and by selecting the shadows in Photoshop and doing a minor green > magenta shift I was able to render them almost pure black.

Here's the previous shot on the roll, which was just to check the Sonnar's focus (I think it passed):

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water lilies don't go away so there is no excuse for not getting good shots

Saturday morning, down in the jungle barefoot locals are showing exactly why the Indians are so damned good at cricket. There's no shortage of would-be Tendulkars! (And there were several teams of them on the beach, too).

This Velvia 100 really is fantastic for 35mm. In this shot the ball is as sharp as a needle right in front of the middle wicket - but the scanning spoils it. If only there was a cheap, really high quality option for getting scans.