Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What would you buy, a 6mm f2.8 or 50mm f0.7 ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: What would you buy, a 6mm f2.8 or 50mm f0.7 ?? Reply with quote

I stumble upon these amazing lenses (not IRL ofc)

Nikon 6mm f2.8 Fisheye (cost: 35,000$ in special order Laughing )

and a Carl Zeiss 50mm f0.7! that apparently was used to photograph the Dark side of the Moon! ...

so what would you get? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: What would you buy, a 6mm f2.8 or 50mm f0.7 ?? Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:

both Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another angle... this could very well be what they call a whale's eye lens Laughing

whats that spot there at the bottom? i think it needs some fungus cleaning Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had that one, nearly MINT in box with caps:

but decided to sell it, as it is a monster in weight.

I have highspeed lenses too, my fastest is 0.7/50mm (but in c-mount), that I also don't use.

Both are very extreme lenses for very special and extreme applications. A guy I know
uses his 6mm quite often for advertisement shots, like this one (Blankenese, Hamburg):

So, long story short, one can live without that very well, especially when you had that already... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

So, long story short, one can live without that very well, especially when you had that already... Wink

Well, anything you do or did not have from the extreme lens section?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy!! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Well, anything you do or did not have from the extreme lens section?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klaus

Well, you're the right one to talk Klaus Wink All you have on long ASTRO lenses for instance, as I'm not into super teles.

But I just got an extremely rare f1.1/90mm catoptic lens I was searching for decades now and finally found it.

And the search goes on, and on, and on ... ::biggrin::

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Lens ... ! Smile

Those lenses look like were made by extra terrestrial being ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also this one is not bad. 1700/4, here a reference for size: http://rfkw.blogspot.com/2008/10/super-mega-telephoto-lenses.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time, I want a Nikon to Canon adaptor just to mount that fisheye. I doubt it would appreciate the underground use it would get from me though. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I win!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0

But that 6mm look cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jito wrote:
I win!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0

But that 6mm look cool.

Is that yours?

Sorry but Carl Zeiss 1700/F4 is cooler to my eyes, as it's not a "boring" mirror lens Smile

In TV I saw another "biggest lens in the world" (which is acutally only the heaviest I think, 200 or 230 kg or something), made by Minolta for a sheik, with a mount for a jeep and also somewhere around the focal length and aperture of the Zeiss lens.
Currently I can't find any Infos about that in the web.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you buy, a 6mm f2.8 or 50mm f0.7 ?? Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
I stumble upon these amazing lenses (not IRL ofc)

Nikon 6mm f2.8 Fisheye (cost: 35,000$ in special order Laughing )

and a Carl Zeiss 50mm f0.7! that apparently was used to photograph the Dark side of the Moon! ...

The 6mm would be great for portraits!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this fisheye makes also a good umbrella.. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fisheye, when paired with the nex, that would be pocketable Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there is this:
http://photorumors.com/2012/01/23/now-this-is-a-lens/

Quote:
Perkin Elmer 36" f/4.0 aerial camera lens. It's diameter is over 12" and it was once attached to the famous SR-71 Blackbird spy plane which supposedly took part in various CIA missions:

"These lenses were also used in the Samos satellite program and a modified version of these optics were later used in the lunar mapping programs. Designed by Dr. James Gilbert Baker,
very few were made and they are one of the best optical systems ever manufactured. This one is #8. The lens overall dimensions: :21" x 21" x 35" the weight over 200 pounds."

Focus type is listed as manual Very Happy Yours for $5,000.

9x18 inch format!
Sold for $4000! http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270865251533+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!
That is lenzilla!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice mushroom Klaus Very Happy

Cool to see rare lenses like this... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second hand they will be a lot cheaper: when the photographer dies a sudden death by carrying too much weight, when the lab is dismantled and abondaned, the husband of the cleaning lady will take them and sell them for peanuts. That quite often happens, you know Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Do you have a picture of the lens cap?