Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ET wants to go home....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: ET wants to go home.... Reply with quote

I took this shot of a Praying Mantis yesterday & When I put it on the computer, I couldn't help but think of the alien in ET (the movie about the extraterrestrial)...Maybe a praying mantis was the inspiration for ET?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, now, Scott -- what glass did you use?

You know -- it's the background that makes the shot. The mantiss is rather drab looking, isn't it? But that rickly colored background that appears to be lit from below really sets it off, and even emphasizes a sort of science-fictioney quality to the critter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooouuuuuuucccchhhh....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"are you looking at me"???? Laughing
What a cool shot,it may look drab but what an expression... ET for sure...how did you get it looking straight down the barrel?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very special!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: ET wants to go home.... Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
...Maybe a praying mantis was the inspiration for ET?

Make a fist; bend wrist; point toward face. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great capture! the background surely add to the atmosphere