Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-K to EOS adapters advices ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Pentax-K to EOS adapters advices ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Willing to buy an FF camera (guess which one Wink ), i was looking for some Pentax-K to EOS adapters on evilBay, and found references such as Click here to see on Ebay, Click here to see on Ebay or Click here to see on Ebay ...

If i understand well, the solution with an EMF chip is more expensive but it has the advantage of being programmable several times ...

Do you have any experience/feedback with those adapters/sellers ?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't need programable chip as long as you don't use AE lock AF lock mode. The only thing that you'll notice, is exif data. Based on my expirience, the F number of the chip don't affect exposure in any matter, as long as you dont fix exposure and then close or open apperture.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note that you may have to remove a rear protection flance of most K lenses, and some lenses will require you to remove the aperture actuation lever (refer to http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/index.htm for details).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think i will pass on those ... I think i really would feel sick dismantling my FA-31 ... So, i suppose i will go on with Big_is M42 adapter and, eventually, with a Nikon to EOS adapter ...

Thanks to all for your advices.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, indianadinos, I remember someone on german Pentax Forum actually mutilated his FA31. Cut the aperture lever and all. Sad

Mounted on a 5DMKII this lens just excels! Much, much better than the 24-105 he compared it with!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centaur wrote:
Hey, indianadinos, I remember someone on german Pentax Forum actually mutilated his FA31. Cut the aperture lever and all. Sad

Mounted on a 5DMKII this lens just excels! Much, much better than the 24-105 he compared it with!

I thought that it's a reversible process, in limiteds those levers are attached with screws? But you'll have to shave the mirror from the 5d.

Here's some link that discusses the issue:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/667236/0

And samples with FA31.
http://stevenlins.blogspot.com/2008/05/5d-pentax-fa-31-le.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I can't find that thread on dfn (digitalfotonetz.de).

But I remember the post stating the fact, that it was no longer usable on Pentax Question

But maybe I'm getting it all wrong and it was just the thought of possibly mutilating this fine lens, that scared me....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, i should have a similar link somewhere within my bookmarks ... Nevertheless, the thread i found was on an asiatic forum (read: without english translation), thus i'm actually unable to say if the FA-31 shown on the 5D was mutilated or not ... Any way, i think i will never do it (my heart is too weak to support a simple screw removal from my FA-31 Wink ...)

Edit: just looked at the link with the samples from soikka, it was the same i found ...

Thus, for now, my future 5DII will enjoy "only" some M42 lenses (cannot wait to check my Flek 35/2.4 on it Wink ...)