Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vitage techno with Elmarit-R 60
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Vitage techno with Elmarit-R 60 Reply with quote

Went to the town museum in Eskilstuna, Sweden this summer. Eskilstuna has a thorough industrial heritage and many well known brands originate from there (C E Johansson with his Jo Blocks, Assa, Volvo BM, etc) The town is known in Sweden as the "knife-town" since cuttlery, Bayonets and rifles were made there in large amounts.

There was also a show outside the nearby Bolinder Munktell museum (Bolinder Munktell as in the last part of Volvo BM).

No photographic wonders, but perhaps nice for the vintage geek. All hand held with Leitz Elmarit 60 @ 2.8 on A700 in available light.
(Click on them for better IQ)

Tractor crawler

Vintage tractor

Nice wheel, perhaps slightly cool in the winter..

Obelix, he is probably on vacation from France...

Steam turbine and other stuff

Fire truck from 1890

Fire truck from 1890

Black metal!

Vintage generator

Belt driven machine shop

Belt mill

Belt turning mill

Newest portable typewriter...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cool place. Thanks for the views

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff. Last is my favorite, reminds me to my visits to the printing office where my father worked as a manager - I smell the ink nad hear the machines again!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a real nice place and a good hotel - are the 2 old guys still restoring the steam locomotive ?

If you want to see these machines working, go to Maskin Expo in Stockholm - there are always oldtimer at work during the fair

The founder of this factory is the inventor of artificial teeth. He made the worldwide first ones out of horse teeth and a steel spring, looking like a mouse trap for his secretary - maybe you can get some photos of it ?

btw - nice shots

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
this is a real nice place and a good hotel - are the 2 old guys still restoring the steam locomotive ?

If you want to see these machines working, go to Maskin Expo in Stockholm - there are always oldtimer at work during the fair

The founder of this factory is the inventor of artificial teeth. He made the worldwide first ones out of horse teeth and a steel spring, looking like a mouse trap for his secretary - maybe you can get some photos of it ?

btw - nice shots

Thanx for all comments.

The steam locomotive (The green one? I had a picture of that too, but didn't post for some reason) looked quite nice. I didn't see any guys working on it when I was there though.
Normally they run some of the big steam machines, but this visit everything stood still.
How come you've been there?

The tractors seems to appear in many expos for construction machines and similar at least some hours drive from Eskilstuna (and Stockholm).
I didn't see any artificial teeth and I have never before heard that story which I find puzzling. Must check up on that. I promise to get you a photo if I come across it eventually. I'm visiting Eskilstuna a couple of times each year since my wife originates from there.

I felt very limited due to the 60mm focal length when I was there. It would have been better to bring my 35mm to show the workshop better.

Br
/T