Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RF Quiz
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: RF Quiz Reply with quote

What RF? Right is? Left is?

Both shot with Fuji Supeeris ISO200 (US$1.65/36exp), same store scanned and shot by me by auto mode.

Hint 1: US$2200 vs US$62
Hint 2: Real vs Poor version
Hint 3: Japan vs German
(not sorted by right/left; will it be too easy?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inexpensive on left; expensive on right ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, one on right has no lens distortion, but like the one on left, better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on the right appears to have a slightly wider angle lens, unless you moved back when taking the shot.

They're both very good, but the one on the right definitely has better contrast than the one on the left, so I'd say the right is the expensive one, and the left is the cheap one.

Either way, I'm interested in finding out more about that $62US camera!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
The one on the right appears to have a slightly wider angle lens, unless you moved back when taking the shot.

They're both very good, but the one on the right definitely has better contrast than the one on the left, so I'd say the right is the expensive one, and the left is the cheap one.

Either way, I'm interested in finding out more about that $62US camera!

+1 clear example why I not spend over huge sum on a single cameras difference is little and I will perfectly happy with cheap one too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the giveaway is they are working on their pose for the expensive
camera in the right hand shot. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, I think it's exactly the opposite from what everyone else says: the expensive wide angle lens belongs to the expensive camera on the left; the cheap and cheerful more normal lens belongs to the cheap camera on the right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Myself, I think it's exactly the opposite from what everyone else says: the expensive wide angle lens belongs to the expensive camera on the left; the cheap and cheerful more normal lens belongs to the cheap camera on the right.

Jussi, we are all in agreement that the one on the right is the expensive one.

{Oh crap, I read your post wrong, sheesh.} Well, this gets curiouser as time
goes...I disagree with you, however. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right has more sharp little details to my eyes: bumps on the man's leg; sandal straps; delineation of toes; sharper Yamaha logo; highlights on the front scooter wheel and tire treads.
Of course, that may just be the difference in focal length if the wide is on the right with deeper DOF.
I like both of the scooters. My bride and I ride Kymcos, which are made in Taiwan. Kymco scoots are excellent products ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left: Leica M6 + 50/2
Right: Canon QL17 GIII 40/1.7 (not a surprise)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Wink Smile thank you Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
I like both of the scooters. My bride and I ride Kymcos, which are made in Taiwan. Kymco scoots are excellent products ... Very Happy

That's good and popular scooter, Yamaha Cuxi. But not mine, and M6 is not mine, either.
Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
Left: Leica M6 + 50/2
Right: Canon QL17 GIII 40/1.7 (not a surprise)

Well, I'll be dinged! Despite the subject being a bit smaller, no doubt due to the GIII's shorter focal length, honestly to me the GIII's image is more contrasty. Sharpness seems to be about the same.

Dang, that cinches it. I gotta get me another GIII.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GIII which I like very much, however I have been really impressed by this light weight rangefinder

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Konica_C35_Automatic

whilst it is fully auto I have got some amazing slides from it - and considering it cost only £5 it is great for taking beach shots and not worrying about sand etc... - worth considering (esp seeing as my GIII cost about £80 - inc new battery and seals)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thought the one on the right was the better image. Guess what RF I bought recently and is halfway through a roll of film?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokenboy wrote:
I have a GIII which I like very much, however I have been really impressed by this light weight rangefinder

whilst it is fully auto I have got some amazing slides from it - and considering it cost only £5 it is great for taking beach shots and not worrying about sand etc... - worth considering (esp seeing as my GIII cost about £80 - inc new battery and seals)

I actually have both. Still need the battery for the GIII. The funny thing is
I paid $12 for the C35, but got the GIII for $3.
On of these days I'll do a shootout between the two.

By the results of this thread I really need to get that battery!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokenboy wrote:

Got any scans from your slides you can post?? I've got a fully auto Minolta Hi Matic (even AF) that somebody gave to me, and I need to run some film through it and see how it compares to my Canon AF35ML and Oly XA. Still want a GIII and maybe a Yashica Lynx.