Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lumax Goldstar 135mm 2.8 m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Lumax Goldstar 135mm 2.8 m42 Reply with quote

I've bought an Lumax Goldstar 135mm 2.8, because of his rarity and exotic looks (zebra-stripes).

It's a m42-version. And has many blades (16). After a few test shots it appears to be quite a good lens. Cool During the weekend I will send some photos of it.

After some searching I only found that it's origine is K. G. Corfield Ltd in England. And that many lumax-lenses have an m39 /t2 mount.

Does someone knows some more history of this lens?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of these and decided to pass after reading a bad review or 3. Let's see what you can make of it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hereby a small picture of the lens:

Quite a goodlooking lens..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankor-made I believe.

I have one just like it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/accura-supertel-tc-135-28-t6177,highlight,accura+135.html

Lumax and Goldstar would have been names used by the distributor. The Lumax trademark may have been taken over from whoever bought the assets of Corfield.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking Sankor lens Wink Don't point at the sun though Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hereby the foto's of this I took this morning with the Lumax in combination with my Canon eos 400d. No photoshopping, filters etc. Just out of the camera.

This lumax lens was very easy to handle. So just not only his exotic looks Cool

It's a bit smaller and lighter than the Takumar 135mm, and building-quality is great! Focus/diaphragma goes also very smooth.