Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I wonder?? Did I make a mistake?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: I wonder?? Did I make a mistake? Reply with quote

I bid, so I will take it....But I wonder still. Did I make a mistake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150480394768&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO !!! Or at least I don't think so. As long as it functions properly and the glass is good, you got it at an excellent price. An M42 version of that lens in prettier cosmetic condition would sell for $200 to $250. Consider it much like the S1 200mm you have in terms of sharpness and, unfortunately, CA. But it focuses very close and it's very sharp when you hit the focus (just like with the 200mm). Take a look at my gallery of pictures from that lens - including a picture of my ugly lens - also without grip.
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/vivitar135s1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you got a very good deal.Replace the grip and touch up the paint.
Everything else looks real good.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. The wife has volunteered to remove the glue.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great buy I hope the glass is clean and clear! Looking forward to samples...well done BD Very Happy You seem to be on a roll with some of your recent buys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is an ugly duckling. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Great buy I hope the glass is clean and clear! Looking forward to samples...well done BD Very Happy You seem to be on a roll with some of your recent buys.

Thanks Mo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
It sure is an ugly duckling. Wink

I hope to make the Swan shine thru.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: I wonder?? Did I make a mistake? Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I bid, so I will take it....But I wonder still. Did I make a mistake?

It's a very good deal providing that the glass is OK. Do note that this lens is susceptible to hazing of the rear element (can be fixed very easily; if yours have this problem, email me for details on cleaning it off).

I have one in OM mount. It's sharp and contrasty; some softness and purple fringing wide open (about the same as Vivitar S1 200/3); can struggle in backlit situations (VMC versions are better); overall an extremely nice performer, and truly unbeatable for the price. I'll re-upload a scan (sorry, I don't remember who the original uploader was!) describing this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I added it to the Lens Database.