Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinese ultra micro lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Chinese ultra micro lenses Reply with quote

Hello,

Many of you know that rare and expensive Nikoor ultra micro lenses, but few ever heard of Chinese ones. Here are a couple I picked up recently FYI. But they were made long time ago in 1970's. Cool

These are very rare, and very hard to find.

Cheers.

Kievuser

Last edited by kievuser on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese ultra micro lenses Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Hello,

Many of you know that rare and expensive Nikoor ultra micro lenses, but few ever heard of Chinese ones. Here are a couple I picked up recently FYI. But they were made long time ago in 1970's. Cool

These are very rare, and very hard to find.

Cheers.

Kievuser

Another image. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what about sharing some sample pictures taken with those lenses ?

Congrats for the purchase ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal experience has taught me that rarity does not necessarily translate into demand, which is necessary for an item to have any significant value.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Personal experience has taught me that rarity does not necessarily translate into demand, which is necessary for an item to have any significant value.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't mean that we are not curious about samples!?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a bit off topic but I found this quiet interesting old article about ultra micro nikkor conversation written by a norwegian guy.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/ultra_micro55.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

Absolutely. And if the samples are truly spectacular then that will lead to demand, which will increase value.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

I agree 100%. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
And what about sharing some sample pictures taken with those lenses ?

Congrats for the purchase ...

Cheers

Sorry, I still need some education on how to use these lenses. I read that the 1/50 one is for rough reduction(1st reduction), and the 1/5 one is for fine reduction( 2nd reduction), and perhaps for laser engraving.

cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:

Thanks. Exactly, I bought them to satisfy my curiosity. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Maybe a bit off topic but I found this quiet interesting old article about ultra micro nikkor conversation written by a norwegian guy.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/ultra_micro55.html

Thanks for the link. I also find a site with a lot of information about ultra micro Nikkor lenses. Very interesting. The information could be used as a reference. Cool

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroom/redbook-e/index.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I do have some proven examples of some rare Chinese 35mm movie lenses. Carl Zeiss Jena of DDR helped built this Beijing Nr.608 factory in late 1950's. These lenses can be used on the new evil mirror-less digital cameras with a proper adaptor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another rare lens. A 16mm F1.6 lens of unordinary shape. It has enough coverage for APS sensor, and is very sharp. But the lens mount needs to be moded before I can use it on a NEX-5 or the sort. Cool
There is a letter 'd' on the front ring, so I assume it is also an industrial lens of similar application but with the wave length at 'd' section rather than 'e'. I don't know why. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all very interesting, many thanks to sharing them ! Can you show also pictures taken with these lenses. If possible on nice subjects Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Samples! Pretty please????? Reply with quote

Samples! Pretty please?????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, very interesting find!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I also find some low power 2.5-4X microscope objectives that could be used on a DSLR, or EVIL cameras as macro lenses. Very Happy
A 3.5 x Chinese one is as sharp as those Zeiss or Leitz ones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Samples! Pretty please????? Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:

Please wait a while. I am planning to buy a Sony nex 5, or its next camera with a large sensor to try these lenses. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
kds315* wrote:

I also find some low power 2.5-4X microscope objectives that could be used on a DSLR, or EVIL cameras as macro lenses. Very Happy

It took me decades to find the really sharpest ones an d I would be pretty surprised if you found really ones as good as the best Zeiss or Leitz Wink
I don't think these two companies slept the last 5 decades or so... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
kievuser wrote:
kds315* wrote:

It took me decades to find the really sharpest ones an d I would be pretty surprised if you found really ones as good as the best Zeiss or Leitz Wink
I don't think these two companies slept the last 5 decades or so... Wink

Quite a few people in Beijing area who collect microscope items. I also collected some. Here is part of my Carl Zeiss Jena collection. Smile One of the Beijing collectors even has an electronic one. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Here is part of my Carl Zeiss Jena collection

wow, great! nice to have you here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice collection! Impressive!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy likes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how about you Haley? Wink