Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tiny Tamron 70-210mm f/4-5.6 58A on Nex-5n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Tiny Tamron 70-210mm f/4-5.6 58A on Nex-5n Reply with quote

I've owned this tiny plastic fantastic zoom for a while, but only now have I got a diddly little camera with a viewfinder to match it with Laughing

All pictures can be clicked on for a larger image. It was a bit of a dull, rainy day so all shots were either wide open or stopped down once. Small contrast boost for all shots.

I'm actually pretty impressed with this tiny lens Smile It likes to be stopped down once for decent sharpness, but images can be sharpened in pp in necessary. There is CA in the bokeh sometimes. But as an emergency "keep it in the bag just in case I need something longer" lens, it does pretty well really! And did I mention that it's tiny? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always like Tamron zooms, I've got a AF 24-70 3.4/5.6 that I bought for my EOS 600 film camera many years ago. I had the Canon kit zoom and that got wrecked when my whole bag was on the roof of my Range Rover ( an old crappy one Laughing ) when I drove off, and then reversed over. My insurance was 'new for old' and I chose the Tamron instead of the Canon, and it was the right decision, it was a far better lens in every respect. It's the only EOS lens I have now, I still have the camera as well, and I wont part with it. I should get a NEX adapter.

That's a great set of pictures, No6 is excellent. Ducks are so much fun at this time of year. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a NEX 5N with viewfinder addition, my dream Confused.
Look like a very sharp lens, and cheap price too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Range Rover story Laughing

The lens seems sharp enough to me. It's nowhere near the best in the world, but very capable when you consider its size and price (usually about £10!).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are relly excelent shots and very nice lens/camera combo indeed!