Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Computron 35/2.8: who made it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Computron 35/2.8: who made it? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Computron-35mm-f-2-8-Prime-Lens-Pentax-M42-Screw-Mount-/220650762732?pt=Camera_Lenses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one has Cimko/Cima Kogaku characteristics all over it. Four screws, unevenly spaced holding the rear section to the main body. Diamond reference mark for aperture and distance scales, double diamond in this case. "C" as first character of the serial.

The screw spacing may be the most reliable Cima characteristic as it appears on the three Cima made lenses I have. None of mine have the C prefix. My 135 has the red double diamond and is labeled Cimako and Cima Kogaku. It has a metal focus grip. My 28 has a green single diamond and rubber grip it is marked as Cimko MT Series. The 28-50 zoom has only a line for the reference mark but has the four, unevenly spaced, screws. It is branded CPC for Combined Products Corporation.

I have seen Focal and Lentar branded lenses with Cimko characteristics. I'm sure there are many others.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would also vote for Cima Kokagu.

I think this one looks similar:

http://193.23.48.135/item1175164191_m_42_cimko_auto_2_8_f_35_mm.html

Too bad there's just one picture...

sami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. Is it worth shipping cost?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!

So far as I know, the manufacturer of the early Mamiya/Sekor M42 lenses hasn't been conclusively identified. But the two I own - 58/1.7 and 135/2.8 - share the red diamond reference mark, the style of the DOF engravings, the focus ring knurling and the design of the aperture ring (although the aperture ring, in the case of the M/S lenses, is chrome rather than black).

I don't have any photos of my lenses handy, but I was able to borrow this image (showing the 58/1.7) from the butkus manuals site. (Apologies for the poor quality.)

So shall we assign the manufacture of these lenses, provisionally at least, to Cima Kogaku? (I'll check on the mount screws.)

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cima diamond has been a red or green outline in the lenses I've observed. The solid red or orange diamond I consider to be characteristic of another maker. Non Takumar M42 normals are usually considered to be the work of Tomioka, Mamiya and Nittoh.

I'll post some pics of my Cimas in the near future and look harder at some of my others.

Bill