Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina RMC 5.6/100-300 or AT X f4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Tokina RMC 5.6/100-300 or AT X f4? Reply with quote

Someone who knows these lenses and tell me differences.
Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the RMC 5.6, but I have the AT-X 100-300mm F4.

It is big and heavy, but as with most of the AT-X series, it is a very good performer.

You may be interested to read this:
http://www.rokkorfiles.com/100-300mm.htm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
I'm not familiar with the RMC 5.6, but I have the AT-X 100-300mm F4.

It is big and heavy, but as with most of the AT-X series, it is a very good performer.

You may be interested to read this:
http://www.rokkorfiles.com/100-300mm.htm

Here's my AT-X 100-300mm F4

It's big !!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AT-X 100-300 f/4 is a stop faster, big and heavy as dnas mentions and shows, It also has at least one low-dispersion glass element (hence the SD designation) that helps in correcting chromatic aberration. A good lens. I owned one briefly years ago and wish I never would have sold it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
I will see one, FD mount and I think it is not SD. The CA may be more problematic. For the images I saw taken with this lens is very good. Almost like a Prime.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
Thank you very much.
I will see one, FD mount and I think it is not SD. The CA may be more problematic. For the images I saw taken with this lens is very good. Almost like a Prime.

If it's the AT-X 100-300 f/4, it's SD. They didn't make non-SD AT-X 100-300s.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
Thank you very much.

If it's the AT-X 100-300 f/4, it's SD. They didn't make non-SD AT-X 100-300s -- at least not ones with the constant f/4 aperture.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
francotirador wrote:
Thank you very much.

If it's the AT-X 100-300 f/4, it's SD. They didn't make non-SD AT-X 100-300s -- at least not ones with the constant f/4 aperture.

That's correct!!! You can't see on the front of the lens on that picture, but it says "SD" on it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

francotirador wrote:
Thank you very much.

I have the 5.6 version

VERY handy lens : lightweight / small size / 1:2.3 macro at 300mm !
CA is not a problem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer.
Greetings