Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 15/3.5 Aspherical
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: SMC Takumar 15/3.5 Aspherical Reply with quote

Here is for sale...

SMC Takumar 15/3.5 Aspherical

Pics with this lens :
Pentax K100D, SR OFF, lens at f/8, handheld in front of the camera, which explains the suspicious mis focusing on the two last pics, no PP :

With an other SMC Takumar 15/3.5 AL :
Canon 5D, f/8, tuned curves, no sharpen :

Complete galleries (APS-C, 24x36 B&W film and digital) :
http://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-1535.html

Condition of the lens :
No problems on focusing ring, aperture ring. Very slight use marks, apart from the mentioned modifications. Clear lenses, without fungus, one mark on the rear lens (see pics)
Notes :
- About the lens : Produced with the partnership of Zeiss for the optical formula, this copy belongs to the 400 that included the aspherical element (all produced in 1975). It is a good performer at its fullest aperture, especially in the center. When stopped down, the colors rendering is excellent, particularly for the blues and greens (good for landscapes). The lens is rather flare-sensitive (common case with UWAs), but there is no haze which could lead to a contrast loss. The original mount being M42, it is usable with plenty of (D)SLRs. The covering of 111° in 24x36 allows great effects. This is NOT a fish eye, but a rectilinear lens. Extra info links :
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/ultra-wide/K15f3.5-i.html
http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/15mm_Zeiss_Pentax/00_pag.htm
http://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-1535.html
- About the modification : The lens has been sold to me for modified to Nikon mount (I didn’t make the modifications), currently I didn’t test it on a Nikon (D)SLR, I hope to do so soon. The optical elements go deeper in the body compared to my copy in M42 mount, the helicoids seems to have been disassembled and then reassembled in a different way to achieve infinity focusing on Nikon. The M42/Nikon adapter (without lens) seems to be strongly fixed. The groove of the lens, on the rear part, has been belt, probably to let the mirror pass, which can lead to think that the lens is compatible on FX format (24x36). The aperture simulator moves, but it seems that it is not the original part (the Takumar one is bigger). It can be moved with the finger even with lens set at f/22, and it opens the diaphragm, as for the Pentax K mount lenses, which may let view at full aperture on a Nikon body. The Auto/Manual switch has been removed.
- About the price : I know that the Samyang 14/2.8 sells for less than this lens, any “I take it for 400€ although this remains expensive, because I can have the Samyang for 300€” style message will be ignored. We speak here of a SMC Takumar produced with Zeiss at 400 copies 35 years ago, including color filters (UV, Skylight, O2, Y2) that are useful in B&W film work (which is very interesting for the one who does not have a 24x36 DSLR), having a better construction. For your information, I paid mine significantly more expensive that this one and I saw one sold for more than 1200€ in BIN on EBay, about one year ago. The same lens in K mount sells for more than 500€ (I saw more K than Takumar ones). The only case in which I will accept a negotiation will be if you buy several lenses (don’t expect 25% off tough, I don’t wear a red hat and do not have deers) , else you can wait I lower my price and hope that no one takes it before you Wink

Sold with : Voigtländer leather front cap, Nikon LF-1 rear cap

Price excluding shipping : 800€ (< 1 kg packed)

Shipping information
France's shipping rates are quite high. Here are them :
A : European Union, Switzerland, Norway
B : Eastern Europe (outer the EU), Maghreb
C : Africa (outer Maghreb), Canada, USA, Near and Middle Orient
D : Other destinations, Asia, Australia...

Prices according package's weight are :
< 1 kg : (A) = 16,05€ / (B) = 19,40€ / (C) = 22,50€ / (D) = 25,40€
< 2 kg : (A) = 17,65€ / (B) = 21,30€ / (C) = 30,10€ / (D) = 38,10€
< 3 kg : (A) = 21,30€ / (B) = 25,75€ / (C) = 39,50€ / (D) = 50,80€

Insurance : add 1€ for each 150€ insured.

Classic delivery time seems to be 3-7 days in EU, 5-10 days worldwide, tracking information is available even without insurance

Feedback
Already sold here : 1500+€ of lenses, check my MFLenses feedback if you need
French forums + sites : More than 150 transactions as seller (specific HFR feedback)
Ebay : 363/100% positive profile at 12 jul 10

Other lenses available for sale
Check my signature (links to MFLenses topics and K/M42 gear on forum.hardware.fr)

Payment
- Paypal (fees for buyer)
- Bank transfert (within EU)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see such a rare treated lens like that, but I wish you best of luck with your sale of course!
I have the later non-aspherical one in excellent condition (optimized by pro Glatzel, the ZEISS
head of lens design), but that one is spoken for a member here for long ....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and rare lens! So this lens can be used on D90 I guess? Sorry I am bit confuse over the pricing part, how much are you selling ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked ot those websites for the 15mm....some FANTASTIC information there! It's obvious that a massive amount of research went into this lens.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would be better in M42 mount. Nikon has already some great UWA lenses (even a 13mm). I wish I could remove the Nikon mount (at least), but I didn't succed and do not want to take too much risks.
Kris : the price is written in the first post : 800€ Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In view of the fact that this is quite a special lens, being the Aspheric version, I would think that it has "collector" value. In view of that, would it not be better to try to have it professionally returned to its original configuration (k mount?)? In my opinion, it would certainly be more easily sold.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beauty was an M42 lens previously...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
This beauty was an M42 lens previously...

I didn't know that....but then that would make the lens even more desirable in its original form.....Consequently, I simply can't believe how anyone could "customise" such a classic.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no true Takumar in original K mount, the only Takumar lenses that are K mount-native are budget lenses. I do not think a 15mm is a budget lens Razz I already have mine in M42, I tried some light method to get this back in M42, I didn't success, so I left it as is (and the price has been lowered according to its mount, I would sell it rather around 900€ if it was directly in M42) and the buyer will do what he wants Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
There is no true Takumar in original K mount, the only Takumar lenses that are K mount-native are budget lenses. I do not think a 15mm is a budget lens Razz I already have mine in M42, I tried some light method to get this back in M42, I didn't success, so I left it as is (and the price has been lowered according to its mount, I would sell it rather around 900€ if it was directly in M42) and the buyer will do what he wants Wink

I understand what you're saying.
My point is that some buyers may be "put off" by seeing the lens in this "molested" state...I mean, the mount doesn't look too flash does it?.
My opinion simply is that "presentation" counts for a lot, so I feel that this lens would be more appealing, & thus more easily sold, if it was in its original pristine condition, even if the price was higher.
And look, this is your lens, & I realize you have vast experience with Pentax lenses, so this is only my opinion!
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it would sell more easily in M42 mount, but I do not want to take risks to destroy the lens further more, for a conversion that would lost the Nikon users. If it does not sell as is, I will try some heavier methods to get it back in M42, but I will wait some times before Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
I agree it would sell more easily in M42 mount, but I do not want to take risks to destroy the lens further more, for a conversion that would lost the Nikon users. If it does not sell as is, I will try some heavier methods to get it back in M42, but I will wait some times before Smile

No worries, I'm sure it will eventually find a new home, as it surely is a very special item.
Cheers, Pickles.