Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My old faithful P&S and my New DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: My old faithful P&S and my New DSLR Reply with quote

I couldn't get a photo of them together Sad (maybe on film later on)
So here they are compared with the heavy TLS
Olympus SP510UZ( Taken with the K200D and SuperTak 1.8/55)

K200D and TLS ( Taken with the SP510UZ)

Not very good photos it was taken under poor house lighting...I shall get better.. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "small" Pentax DSLRs are great for manual lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! This will be a whole new world! I look forward your pictures in Galleries.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have placed the Ricoh (or better a TLS401) with 55mm 1.4 on it next to the Olympus for the better contrast!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You should have placed the Ricoh (or better a TLS401) with 55mm 1.4 on it next to the Olympus for the better contrast!

A good thought...I shall do that Very Happy although no TLS401...I have tried to obtain it a few times Rolling Eyes
I will practice a little longer before showing a few more images... Embarassed And yes Attila it is a whole new world which I am enjoying...the speed to take the image and quality of the DSLR....and the ability of seeing your images without cost and more speedily than before.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try photographing Olympus & Ricoh using the 4/50 Macro-Takumar Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I did try but the lighting here in one word...SUX... Sad I have to get on to making a RenseH macro tube. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Quote:

I did try but the lighting here in one word...SUX... Sad I have to get on to making a RenseH macro tube. Very Happy

no tripod? Wink I use a torch (flashlight) to focus, then stop down; sometimes shutter speed is several seconds Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have a tripod...I used to have to use the torch trick when using my Olympus as it could not find the focus in bad light.The K200D however does not have that problem Very Happy I know what you mean by a few seconds I have played a little with the Macro Tak and Pentax K200D...I love this camera.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever go DSLR, it will be a Pentax. Way to go, Mo ...