Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing of three macro (not by me)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Testing of three macro (not by me) Reply with quote

Stumbled upon this:

http://slrlensreview.com/web/benchmarks-resources-131/134-macro-challenge/521-macro-challenge-part-1.html

Does it look right from your experience? And should we expect a massive price drop of the Apo Lanthar Laughing ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non APO lens beats the APO lens in the CA test??!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And should we expect a massive price drop of the Apo Lanthar

I guess so

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how they were testing the CA of lenses (certainly not the longitudinal CA!!),
since I sold my ZF 2/100m because it had horrible OOF CA which for me made it unuseable
for serious macro work.

The Leitz Apo and CV Apo are indeed close to each other IMHO, yet the CV125mm has more
neutral colors. Maybe I'm biased since I have teh latter one Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I don't know how they were testing the CA of lenses (certainly not the longitudinal CA!!),
since I sold my ZF 2/100m because it had horrible OOF CA which for me made it unuseable
for serious macro work.

The Leitz Apo and CV Apo are indeed close to each other IMHO, yet the CV125mm has more
neutral colors. Maybe I'm biased since I have teh latter one Wink

Um... perhaps they are testing on a flat chart that doesn't show LoCA then? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely. Only a few testers had the guts to show that Zeiss problem!

Would you like that (1:1 crop, shot fully open)?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really bad, does it improve stopping down and do you know if the 50/2 makro have the same problem?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that the ZF 2/50mm does not have that issue, but I have no proof for or against.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
That is really bad, does it improve stopping down and do you know if the 50/2 makro have the same problem?

Yes and no. But you can't really compare a 100/2 and 50/2 of course.