Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crestar Auto 28mm F2.8 M42 mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Crestar Auto 28mm F2.8 M42 mount. Reply with quote

Hi to all,

Does anyone have any information on this lens ?

It looks really nice (at least the sellers pictures Smile ) and it's my first manual 28mm lens, but I can't find anything about it.

Thank you in advance,

RC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just googled +crestar +lens 28mm -financial -bank -mortgage and if people own this lens, they don't talk about it. I found a few attempted sales, and just one brief comment. On this page, primitive_man says, I also have a Crestar 28 mm, which is mechanically not so great ... My policy with such unknown lenses is that if they cost less than a hamburger, fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

Thank you. I've also did the Google query (without the money related part) and found very little.

I will start to follow your policy (it looks like a great one by the way). Smile

I've bought it for the same price I buy a MacMenu in Portugal so ...

I will post some pictures taken with it as soon as I have it on my hands.

Again, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty "generic" design.

I 've seen Pentor and Carenar 28mm lenses that looked pretty identical to that Crestar.

My guess is it's just a cheapo lens that may have been marketed with many 3rd party brand names.

However, if it is really cheap it may worth a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it by your post that you bought it.How bought some pictures from it. Never know when you might find a hidden gem.